Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Not every friend is on FB

While It's easy to think of the obvious, your pets, it's even better to think of the people who are not on social networking sites. Two people I love dearly are not on FB. Matthew and Brother Ben. These two, and many like them, I admire. Social networking is great for my business (at least this is what I tell myself). I'm thinking I could go out and make genuine business partnerships out in town to build up my business too. But to what extent would it be awkward for the other person who will wonder why I didn't email them or FB them first.

Anyways, I admire people who stay away from social networking. You really find out who your friends are when you aren't so connected. I have managed to stay in touch with brother Ben after going at least a year or more with no communication with him. Now we talk more frequently and as often as possible considering he's in Canada.
He is, besides Matthew, one of the coolest, most brilliant minds I know. I think about what people post and not really caring about who I meet once just had a baby. (Unless of course you live close and want to hire me for my photographic services!) but the odds of me seeing that kind of news feed would be slim considering I have 90% of people's feeds blocked.

The point of this post? Call your friends. Ones on FB and especially ones that are not. Chances are, they have cooler stuff going on in their lives because they aren't constantly browsing social feeds.

1 comment:

  1. I guess me and your Mom are at the bottom of your admiration list. We still love you anyway.

    ReplyDelete